//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A.P.B. My X was stolen on Monday night!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3WheelsForever
    Sorry to hear it was stolen man. Hope you get it back! Im sorry but this question has nothing to do with it being stolen but with those mods of yours, How did that puppy run? I bet it was meaner than hell.
    It was a little faster than a buddy's brand new trx450. Was not as fast as I wanted it though. I was about ready to have a full port job done. Glad I waited now.
    86 350X, TC racing 425 (89mm) 12:1 piston, TC mid/top end cam, HD springs, High rev CDI, DG X-Cellerator stage III, Mikuni 36mm VM carb(250 main jet, still working on the idle jet), Airbox lid vents, and uni filter. Should be good for about 33-36HP to the rear wheels.
    GONE! Someone ripped me off!

--

Your wheeler is close

I bet your ride is in your area. Send the possee out at the riding spots and keep a lookout for any 350x no mattter what it looks like. Keep an eye out on E-bay and the local papers allso in case he sells it. Allso I would put out an ad saying you are looking for parts for a 350 x that you are restoring. Have a buddy do it so its not your place. Got to pull the flip flop on these scum bags :evil:
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I would also go to all the local motorcycle/atv shops and give them the info on your trike, describe the aftermarket parts on it, ect. I would maybe even venture outside the local area and go to the next towns shop too. Print up some flyers and hang them inside the shops, ect.

--
    Yeah that sucks man. Someone has had 3 attempts at stealing my bike over the past few months, luckely only my riding gear got stolen (on all 3 occasions). It has gotten to the stage where we have put an alarm system in our shed!! Yeah but i would do whet everyone else has said, check out your local riding spots and put up flyers.
    Last edited by AirDonk; 09-08-2004 at 10:11 PM.
    84 250R

--
    sorry man...if someone stole my x id have to break some necks...oh and there is this guy who is always commin to my house and wants my 200x bad always asking me to trade and he knows where i keep my trikes should i be worried??

--
    Blog Entries
    You should always lock the wheels on the bike somehow. Even if you have it chained or in a garage. Make it a real trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to roll the thing away. A thick padlock around the chain and rear sprocket, in a position that makes it realy difficult to get bolt cutters on it for example.

My brother's '81 250R got stolen out of my parent's garage a year ago. Three 12-15 year old black kids broke into the house in broad daylight and just rolled it away apparently. The neighbors across the street saw them messing around the house when nobody was home and they did nothing. Not even call the police. You just know the dumbasses probably filled it up with normal unmixed gas and seized it the same day. It's probably ditched in the woods somewhere now.

--
    I just moved into the city and in and around this area, there has been alot of B&E's. My car one morning had all of the doors open and the trunk was also open, luckily there was nothing in the car . There is also a cop looking at a car across the street as I type this, and I also have a good idea who is behind all of these B&E's. I might go and have a chat with them one day. I'm thinking I should put a camera in my yard or something, and since I'm getting my Z *really* *really* soon(like today or tommorow), I think I should keep it out at the farm or something instead of parking it in the garage(even though it has barred windows). I hope you find your 350x man, BTW was it insured for theft?

--
    Man, That blows!! But, guys, don't mention where you store your toys ANYWERE. If you do, say the wrong spot or somthing...I don't know what i'd do if someone stole my 350x!

jmsmilin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    uh, if I ever see some MF trying to steal my bike he will get 20 gauges of pellet in him
    RIDES:

Current OG rides:
    ~1993 300EX 1 owner (just sold)
    ~1993 TRX90 matches the 300
    ~1996 Z50R the FIDDY
    ~1992 YSR50 (sold)

~ATC 70 (w/suspension), ATC 185S (w/susp), 250SX, 350X, etc, etc, ALL SOLD!

WTB: small machines - ATC70s w/ suspension, TRX90, z50, CRF/XR70/110, CT70, CT90, SL70 etc.

Favorite riding spots:
    1. Twin Buttes, San Angelo TX
    2. Turkey Bay, LBL KY & Linton Beach in Bumpus Mills
    3. Sunnyside ATV, Wrens GA

clong is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My heart goes out to you. With the way we are with 3 wheelers its like losing a loved one. You neighbors didn't see or hear anything?

How far are you from Orange County, Cailf? I go riding to 3 wheeler areas all the time from Glamis, Palm Springs, Barstow and Bomont. Any 350X I see at all I will go inspect. Post flyers whereever MX/ATC/ATV people ride, hang out or buy stuff. Ebay will be the best place casue I hate to say it, but he(or she), will sell the most obvious parts like the exhaust and buy more generic parts to make it look different. Also Cycletrader, Recycler, and Pennysaver you should watch over the next year. The guy will most likely not sell the bike or parts to it for awhile so really 6 months from now is when you want to step up the search. I wish you the best and all of us are here to keep out eyes open.
    1986 Honda 350X - stock w/ supertrapp, K&N, DG wheels
    1985 Honda 250R - OEM fresh trailer queen, but I'll ride it
    1985 Honda 250R - "rider" but still pretty original

2005 Yamaha YZ250 - stock
    2007 PW50 - stock

2005 Chevy Silverado crew cab - red, 5.3L

--
    Sorry to hear about that man, that really *****. My big red was stolen out of the back of a buddys truck right on his driveway, so what we did was check on all the new atc's being registered every year, eventually it came up so the police seized it and we got it from the police inpound lot. Turns out that the guy who stole it rode the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of it, then sold it, then the buyer went to register it, and thats when the numbers matched!

--
    ... I would also keep an eye out on eBay for parts similar to yours from Cali showing up. Sounds to me like it might be someone you know or knows you - even vaguely. There was a big ring running around here lead by lowlifes that worked at the area bike shops and dealerships. It turns out they were keeping track of customers and bikes via sales information and were using it to go out and steal them. One of the guys that was in the ring was my salesman quite a few times at East Coast Honda when I was restoring my '82 R and I am 90% sure he had something to do with stealing it.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--
    First plase I would go hunting is coosbay dunes!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //