Quote Originally Posted by CoeShow View Post
The best and most powerful cylinders we had were cast in Japan with significantly altered transfer/auxillary exhaust ports and were ALL nikasill plated. I used to call them "Puff" cylinders as the transfer ports were visually larger and different from the stockers. They were more similar to Kawasaki KX cylinders by comparison.

These cylinders worked VERY well and I know there are probably a few still floating around out there. I have 0 pictures. I also know this. Curtis Sparks has some of the fastest Honda 250's available. Not sure if he offers any bigger cc stuff
I've got an old Paul Turner version of what I think is the type of cylinder you are talking about Mike, although it does not have the nikasil plated and was just done off a 1985 stock ATC cylinder.

Paul welded up the outside of the cylinder on the front transfer port I believe then epoxied the heck out of the internals and reshaped the port.

Worked pretty good but not nearly as good as the CR cylinder Paul did the next year for me.

I can snap some pictures of it if I still have it and can find it in the shop if anyone is interested in seeing.