//ArrowChat Code
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    Ahhhhh... Dean, it's ironic that you bring up the "White Ghost" Project 250R. I just have a few 3Wheeling mags form the 82-83 years. I got my first 3 wheeler in 82. Big Red's for the farm (an 82 and an 83) Anyhow... now I have a couple 350X's and an 82R. I picked up a complete 83R motor on ebay with the complete 300R Hondaline kit....

Saw an article in the May 1984 Issue on a project 250R (2nd generation) that used the 300R kit. Anyhow, it referenced the "White Ghost" in the article. Since you found the tank, could you take a pic of it and tell us a little more about it? 200Xman here just won a bunch of '83 3wheeling mags on ebay, and Howdy here had a larger snipe than me on a lot of '82 3 Wheeling mags... maybe these guys will be able to help me out too.

Do you think the copyrights are done? hahaha. We often scan and send articles to other members here on the forums. Thaks for the great info and write-ups both past and present!

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    I need to go back up in the ratters and get some of this stuff down and shoot some photos of it. In the meantime, here is a little gem that I found yesterday. It is the official artwork used by Team Honda for their jerseys, T-shirts and banners. The overlay shows the color breakdown, while the layers underneath, are the artwork for blue, red and black. I have tons more of this stuff somewhere.... I think I even have the artwork for, "Team Honda Fourtrax" as well. Enjoy. Deano
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails atc2.jpeg   atc1.jpeg  
    Last edited by oldfart; 03-15-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Man those old Hondaline ATC Shirts are so cool. I bought a few on ebay last year but they were all in either child sizes or were adult medium, not anything I can wear. What do you think the chances are of getting permission to re-produce these in a wearable adult size? Probably slim huh?

Did Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Suzuki ever put out this kind of promotional stuff like Honda did? Only thing I've ever seen was a "Yamaha Three For all" banner that a member here on the forum has. Very cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shirt3.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    I need to got back up in the ratters and get some of this stuff down and shoot some photos of it. In the meantime, here is a little gem that I found yesterday. It is the official artwork used by Team Honda for their jerseys, T-shirts and banners. The overlay shows the color breakdown, while the layers underneath, are the artwork for blue, red and black. I have tons more of this stuff somewhere.... I think I even have the artwork for, "Team Honda Fourtrax" as well. Enjoy. Deano

Man, I could spend hours apon hours lookin through all your little gems! I enjoy this thread the most. Keep em coming.

--
    I took some photos of some of the factory racer helmets I have laying around. These include: Mike Coe #23; Jimmy White #31; and Dean Sundahl. The Sundahl helmet is a 1975-era Bell Moto 3. I also have ones from; Tracey Dickson; Mike Hallet; Mark Weixeldorfer; and Stevie Wright. I think I still have one-half of Dickson's helmet, the one that was run over by a Class 8 truck, at the Frontier 500. Talk about major damage to the lid! Anyway, I'll take more as I go along. Dean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coehelmet.jpeg   whitehelmet.jpeg   deanhelmet.jpeg  

--
    those helmets are awesome dean...i especially like that jimmy white one
    1985 Honda 350X - a lot of performance stuff, everything but a cam, hope to get one soon
    1984 Honda 200ES
    198? Yamaha YT60 Tri-Zinger
    TrikeFest '04 & '07 Survivor

--
    I love the JWR one too! All 3 are awesome! I'd love to have an old JT open face. I've got an old Bell Mag3 but sadly the foam and lining is toast and the visor is long gone. I've got an old JT chest protector in Kawasaki green with the Kawasaki Logo. Also still have some old Scott Goggles and face mask, Oakley Goggles, some team Honda pants, Answer kidney belt, and a set of HP AlpineStar Boots that I still use! It's a shame it all belongs to me, because it aint worth nothing today!

Looking at the ATC promotional stuff sure brings back memories but at the same time it's kind of sad. Honda at one time was PROUD of the ATC lineup for years. After '87 their attitude about the ATC was "don't remind me".

Great stuff Dean, can't wait to see some more.
    Last edited by Jeb; 03-17-2005 at 10:48 AM.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    More artwork from the early '80s.... Here is the original art that was used for Mitchell Wheels' ad featuring Mark Weixeldorfer and his Team Honda ATC 200X. This was part of a promotion for Hugh Mitchell's aluminum wheels.... before they were bought out by Douglas Wheels (but same location). Ad ran in 3Wheeling, Dirt Wheels, and was used on their T-shirts. Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mark.jpeg  

--
    Dean...I totally remember that ad. Nice!

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

--
    Ok, check out the wheels in boxes on the floor under the Dean Sundahl helmet. It looks like Old Fart has more than a few gems around the house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deanhelmet.jpeg  
    Current Ride (Purchased new in Oct. 84) - 1985 Honda ATC 250R w/ ESR 310cc big bore kit
    Wife's Ride - 2009 Polaris RZR 800
    Kid's Rides - 2009 Yamaha Raptor 700, 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250
    Former Rides - 1975 Honda XR 75, 1979 Yamaha IT 175, 1978 Honda ATC 90, 1980 Honda ATC 110

got sand?

--
    Now, now, now..... Those (hidden) spun aluminum wheels are actually 6x15-inch, for an early VW. They are from Deano Dyno-Soars, a famous VW tuner from the past (about 1971?). Those jewels are going on my '67 sedan, one of these days.

When we shut down 3Wheeling magazine/ATV Sports in 1989ish, we had a back room full of ATC/ATV stuff, that would have filled a small garage! But since we didn't want people in the industry to tell stories about us selling parts that were given to us for free, we GAVE them away to a local Orange County ATV club. It took them 4-5 pickup truck loads to get all of it. I don't even want to tell you guys what was in those loads. But, time moves on, and we wanted to put ATVs behind us.

At one time, between our back room in Costa Mesa, and all of our garages, we had over 32 ATCs and other 3wheelers on loan from the manufacters. But, we still all wanted to use the same three bikes; (ATC 250R, ATC 200X and ATC 350R!). Dean

--
    You know that you are killing us with these juicy tidbits....

...and hey...what about the Tri Z!

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

--
    Ya' know, I really like the Tri-Z and I recall taking it to the dunes with Dickson and Steve Wright many, many times. I think that's where Brett Driscoll got hooked on them, riding that first preproduction unit we had before anyone else. I think I really liked the way the gas tank and upper cowl was formed so you could move around side-to-side or back and forth, without going over a big gas tank "hump". It was a very comfortable ATV to ride. So there.....

--
    Looks to me like its a good thing that fella was wearin that helmet at the time...Looks to have a little scuff mark on the side there.

mad_max is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Dean,

Just a thought. Would it be possible/feasible to publish a magazine that featured old 3wheeler articles? I know theres a bunch of people out there that would probably freak because they never saw this stuff in it's heyday.
    Remember "Petersons Three Wheeler" mag. I think it was published quarterly.
    The only problem I see is that advertising might be hard to come by... but hell what do I know I've never published anything.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //