//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally found a 1986 200x **Updated Pics pg 9**

--

Finally found a 1986 200x **Updated Pics pg 9**

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while and waiting to post until I've actually bought a trike. But thats actually taken a lot longer than expected. And I dont want that dude (Syko) on the atc 70 to show up at my house so I figured I'd better post soon.

Heres my story... One Im sure you've heard before. I had a trike when I was in high school. Havent had one in twenty years. Now I live in an area where I can ride (south shore Mass). So Im getting into it again.

So heres my question... I located an 86 200x. Hes asking $500 bucks for it. One of the things wrong with it is the kicker shaft is stripped. Do you have to split the case to change that shaft? Are they available? How much does the shaft go for?

Thanks for any help!

And of course this site is awesome. I check in almost everyday.

SeaBass8
    Last edited by SeaBass8; 04-25-2012 at 04:57 PM.

--
    i dont belive you have to crack the case for it, but you will have to remove the right side engine case/clutch cover to get to it. as for parts availibility, not sure, but you can check with service honda or bike bandit or even your local dealer for the parts, or you could always put a post in the classiifeds that your looking for them parts. some one here mroe then likely has one laying around. lots of great guys, and a few girls on here, with alot of good info and advice. welcome to the boards...
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    Welcome Seabass!!!

Enjoy your stay here.

You are looking for Honda Part Number - HO28251-HB5-020 (Description - Spindle) Looks like they may still be available through Honda for about $85

Also - as Scooterroo says - by the looks of the microfiche - it appears you can replace it without splitting the cases
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    welecome to the site and i would jump on that only 500$ why not
    86-tecate

--
    Thanks for the info guys.

Im going to take a look at it this weekend. I havent seen any pictures of it yet so I dont know what kinda shape the trike is in. If its in decent shape and mostly complete I'll get it. I wanted to gets a heads up as to how "big" a job the kicker shaft will be if I buy it.

SeaBass8

--
    well if its anything like some of the ones i have changed out, its as simple as removing the clutch cover, remove the kicker shaft and gear and slap a new one in it, new gasket and put it back together. i dont think they are all that hard to change.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass8 View Post

I've been lurking for a while and waiting to post until I've actually bought a trike. But thats actually taken a lot longer than expected. And I dont want that dude (Syko) on the atc 70 to show up at my house so I figured I'd better post soon.

this site is awesome. I check in almost everyday.

SeaBass8

and just to think...... I was mear miles from your house when I saw this post...your one of the lucky ones....

--
    Welcome... I'm on the South Shore myself. We rip it up just about every Sunday. Be foreworned though, it isn't "easy" riding and almost never legal but always FUN!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    And just buy it, then proceed to buy every trike you see after that. You'll thank me later....
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Thanks Scoot. That doesn't sound bad at all. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

SeaBass8

gaukel350x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    There are ladys on here, what's there names and how old? Its been a dream of mine to find a girl my age(18) and who rides a 3 wheeler
    What I own:
    1985 honda 350x
    1974 yamaha mx 125 aka "champ"
    1993 honda 110 mini bike
    1986 kawasaki 300 jetski
    1987 Ford Ranger Prerunner

Rider for Life

tyman is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    the 86 kicker shaft is pretty easy to change... changed one myself once... pay attention to how you tore it apart... the kicker assembly is weird ( think atleast ).... but hey if a 16 year old can fix one, i'm sure you can.....
    86 200x
    72? US90
    79 ATC70
    83 ATC70
    84 ATC70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gaukel350x View Post
    There are ladys on here, what's there names and how old? Its been a dream of mine to find a girl my age(18) and who rides a 3 wheeler

gaukel350x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'm serious, that would be badbutt to have a girlfriend that rides a 3wheeler, but as long as she dosent ride better than you
    What I own:
    1985 honda 350x
    1974 yamaha mx 125 aka "champ"
    1993 honda 110 mini bike
    1986 kawasaki 300 jetski
    1987 Ford Ranger Prerunner

Rider for Life

--

Talking Let the

Well I did it! Im back in baby!

I went and got it last night. 1986 200x. It had been sitting in a shed for the last 4 years. It looks a little rougher than I would have liked but for $350 I cant complain. Its the year/model I've been looking for for a while now. I'd say its about 90% complete.

Some things that are gonna need fixin -
    Replace kick shaft and kick lever
    Exhaust dosnet look right. Might be wrong year? Busted studs?
    Looks like it has some oil leaks. I can see oil on the skid plate.
    Rear brake resivoir is junk
    Gas cap
    Missing grab bar and rear light
    Rear plastic junk. Head light plastic junk

Thats what I can see anyway. I'm sure more stuff Im not seeing.

I've attatched some pics. Let me know what you guys think.

Next I'll be getting a service manual.

I think Im gonna pull the motor and address the kicker, oil leaks, and rebuild the carb to start. I have no idea how this thing ran before it was parked so maybe I should take a look at the top-end while its out?

Also I noticed something near the rear sprocket looks like it was grinding? Thoughts on that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB030001.JPG   PB030002.JPG   PB030003.JPG   PB030004.JPG   PB030005.JPG  
    Last edited by SeaBass8; 11-03-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add question

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //