//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Troll's Trike.....Done

Mike_Ham_250R is offline Even team-red-rider is cooler then me. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 350x'inNY
    Sweet..... I wonder if we could ever talk OCC, UniqueWhips or that show "Build or Bust" to make offroad trike creations? You'd be a shoe in!

Bruce
    I wish overhaulin would come steal my 200s and put a nicholson and all that jazz on it lol
    -Mike

Mike_Ham_250R is offline Even team-red-rider is cooler then me. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thats one nice air cooled right there!
    -Mike

toyota200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That thing is amazing, but I really don't like the bars at all. You should swap them out with some nice renthals. Great looking R.
    Owner of
    '98 klx 300r
    '85 250sx
    '82 185s

--
    Thanks for the replys. Heres a little revival write-up.

84' 250r project bought for $150 and a set of paddles. Pic looks better than it was. Just rode hard and not alot of tlc.
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ight=westcoast

Basicly started with the rear, found out the trike came with a westcoast swingarm, aftermarket spring and extended dura-blue axle.
    Here's a after pic. Had to machine the axle and build-up the axle bearing surface. Then polished and clear-coated it as well as the swing-arm.
    Had to remove and lathe out the swinger bearings. Then dads got a set for me. Also installed new pads, sprocket, ect..

Mockup;
    Installing later model fenders. Had to graph two seats together to fit the stock tank. Then redo the mount pads and latch.
    Then started sand-blasting the frame.

After 300 lbs of sand the frame got painted. Now for the fun.
    Going together;
    Got the swinger on, lubed the bearings and pivots with full syn grease. Then there was a set of tapered steering head bearing and got the same.
    Spent a little time polishing the forks and tripples
    Got a little more done. The front hub got some work, then playing around with the headlight. Got the twist throttle polished, and pipe bbq painted. Spent some time finishing the seat, molded the foam and attached the material.

It's on all three now.
    All the aluminum was polished, widened 200s bars with twist throttle and new grips, new fork seals, brake pads, wheel bearings, ect...
    Rebuilt the westcoast swingarm and durablue wide axle. Modded 86' 350x rear wheels. The airbox got a new lid and now has clear sides. Just added double wide footpegs.
    Made a grab bar, revived the silenser and pipe, and added a electronic speedometer and 250r emblem.
    Bent up some diamond plate fresh air intakes, polished the stainless rotors.
    Too much fun.

..........................Engine.................. ..
    Bored .020 over and new wisieco piston, boysen duel stage reeds, 32mm mikuni carb and CT expansion chamber.
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ighlight=bored

Finally got the engine in, had to use a different rear sprocket for the chain to fit.
    Also made a tool can out of stainless. Love the double wide pegs. Basicly just waiting for the tank to get painted..

Well thanks again for your replies. Oh, the bars were done on the last project. Just had to change up a bit this time............lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 350xbuilding.jpg  
    Last edited by Troll 2; 05-12-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    ...... ............

84'R pic page; http://magoos.wheatfarm.com/pictures/index.php

--
    it may be just me but i like the bars like that, makes it look different.
    1983 Honda ATC 200x-shes a beater

Past Rides:
    1982 ATC Big Red 200e (miss it more than i thought i would)
    1985 200x rode it for about a mile

--
    almost as bad looking before pics as the 200x i want to get and restore, basicall a frame, rear end and front forks.
    1983 Honda ATC 200x-shes a beater

Past Rides:
    1982 ATC Big Red 200e (miss it more than i thought i would)
    1985 200x rode it for about a mile

--
    If there is any trike nicer than that 250r, then it is your 350x. I love the color scheme on that thing
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //