//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my 85 200x

--

my 85 200x

I figured I would start this since it is close to being finished.

I got this trike in a trade for an little mini 50. I also recieved a 110 with it. Sold that off. So start price, -$200. It came with tons of spare parts, Xr engine was free.

The engine was fulley gone through flushed, bearings changed out then the swap of internals. She is getting the 6 speed xr tranny. Got the xr crank (by the way before you ask no it dont add anything) the fulltopend with her rockers put into an 200es head for added decompression. Basically all that is left on the 200x is the kicker, the inside cases, and stator/electrical system. Someday I hope to go further on the spare topend I have and take it full to max. With the 5 speed tranny I have left over. I Kinda got a little excited on some the oldschool stuff that I was able to get for this. (oldschool is spendy stuff)

The frame and anything I could think of was taken in and powder coated. It was slow, because I delibertly (SP?) made sure to use same colors in each batch I turned in. MUCH cheaper. The last batch, white will hopefully be done this next week.

I added some stuff along the way, will be adding the oldschool stuff after breakin. Westcoast swingarm, duro tires, number plate.

Hopefully with selling of some of the extra stuff, shopping smart, I hope to stay well below the $500 for total rebuild on this thing. With all accessaries.
    Last edited by jenndnn3; 08-27-2007 at 11:33 PM.
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

--
    Looks great so far Jenn! Can't wait to see it finished.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Looking great, I hope that mine turns out that great....
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell happend.

--
    Looks like a great revival. Nice work.................................
    ...... ............

84'R pic page; http://magoos.wheatfarm.com/pictures/index.php

--
    curious to know how the 6 speed thing works out !!
    Currently :

82 ATC - 200, plain jane, almost mint. ( Sold, 03-17-2005)
    84 ATC - 200 ES, Jimmy-Rigged, don't ask.( Sold, 03-17-2005)
    85 ATC - 250 SX, Pride and Joy, Bottom-Less Money Pit.
    84 125 M - The Mini-SX not running yet. but won't be long.
    --

The more people i meet.. the more i like my DOG !

--
    i like the look of the flat track tires on the back, all it needs is that powerplant installed!!
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    under $500??????? how much was powdercoating? if you got all new plastics, levers, cables, bars, tires, rims, brakes, you'd be well ove $500. Guess it's not a full resto!
    85 250SX New to me!!
    85 ATC 70 stock ~ TRADED
    85 ATC 70 with 138cc Lifan
    83 110 restored ~ sold
    85 110 restored ~ sold
    83 200x restored ~ sold

02 400ex ~~~SOLD

K&N filter
    K&N jet kit
    EHS Racing lid
    Removed choke 42 pilot DJ146 main
    HMF full exhaust
    AC skids
    Holeshot XCR rears
    14t front sprocket
    IMS Roll front bumper
    Graydon Proline nerfs

--
    Very nice work. What is it with every 200x I see has that enormous gap between the seat and the tank. mine is the same way. Are you putting blue duro's on that sucker too?

--
    Thats a 250r front fender on there, curious to know if that just bolted right up? If it did then I am going to be pissy pants that i went with a stock fender........
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell happend.

--
    well pissy pants they bolt right up!
    85 250SX New to me!!
    85 ATC 70 stock ~ TRADED
    85 ATC 70 with 138cc Lifan
    83 110 restored ~ sold
    85 110 restored ~ sold
    83 200x restored ~ sold

02 400ex ~~~SOLD

K&N filter
    K&N jet kit
    EHS Racing lid
    Removed choke 42 pilot DJ146 main
    HMF full exhaust
    AC skids
    Holeshot XCR rears
    14t front sprocket
    IMS Roll front bumper
    Graydon Proline nerfs

--
    well dammit! ohwell, i guess i will get over it, better than coughing up more money to get yet another new fender
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee

--
    looks great!!!
    trikes owned:
    85' 200m - sold
    84' 200x - sold
    83' 185s - sold
    82' 185s - sold
    85' 350x !!! - selling

--
    Good job & looks magnificent

Few ?'s

I got to paint a few motors myself and wondering what paint you used.

Been years since I did a motor but I think I use a black engine case paint.

The paint you used, does the sheen match up close to how stock was?

Did you use the same for side cases as you used for cylinder & head?

Have you used it before and if so how did it hold up?

--
    Ah powdercoating, Now you see I was smart, real smart. I had to do the 350x because of a small swim it took in salt water. So the spare frame you see in the pict of the 1 trike w/spare, frame went with it. So for the two yes the two was $75. All The pieces that were the same color were free. Then there is a batch of black. This included 2 swingarms and all the tiny pieces I had pretty much double of everything, 2 sets of hubs, blah blah. $53. After selling things off I am $10 in the hole for this job. Half of this stuff is on ebay, or was sold outright. Now The plastic, well was already new for rear, and I swiped my R's front, which does have a crack, (yes as already answered a direct bolt) that is from over tightening the screws on it. The shrouds are currently in exchange with certian folks, over spare parts. So no plastic is not brand spankin new, but My plastic looks nice. The white Batch, will prob be around $60. I had a plastic gastank on it originally, which I yanked and sold for half of new. Already had the original, (white batch). So guess what paid for what. So total, powdercoating, Aprox $25 bux.

Now sistered with this trike in trade was that 110 I mentioned, None runner, till I got a coil from Howdy, $13 bux I think it was, made it a runner, sold it for $200.

3 engines, dismantled I took, micrometer every part, made sure I had good parts, sent crank, piston, cylinder, valves, in for spec and relapp you know basics $256, that included parts. I am still selling stuff of that came with this thing. So right now $81 bux there.

The westcoast has sent me over budget. But I had to have it. The duros were bought with the number plate several months ago. Originally destened(sp?) for the 86 200x. White /blue well I changed my mind. So I am right now at $500, with stuff still to sell. It was my original goal to keep it free, but that didnt happen. Oldschool stuff put it up there. I still have one engine that needs a full rebuild. But that will wait. Everything that needed replaced got replaced, everything that was restoreable/useable wass used. Since I spent smart and wheeled and dealed then I guess you can call it not a full restore. That is up to the good folks, But frankly I did pretty freakin good, does it make you sick? . The trike is essentially free, except the westcoast, duros, and plate. I could sell that stuff off and make my 86 200x free as well, but hey I like the stuff. (dont pm me the stuff isnt for sale).

Oh And I have a pair of rm80's still wrapped up int this whole deal to sell as well, but you know trying to explian wheeling and dealing well you would be confused. This all started with a pair of 70's by the way.

Paint I used based on recommendations semi gloss duplont(sp?) engine paint. I have never used it before, so I dont know about test of time, but it was so nice to apply. Eeryone else says it holds up great so I took their word for it. It was used on whole engine.
    Last edited by jenndnn3; 05-21-2005 at 09:05 AM.
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Great and I mean GREAT job Jenndnn3!! A lot of people have lost or just don't use the wheeliing and dealing ability. Jenn has shown just how the power of wheeling and dealing can work to keep the cost of building and rebuilding these machines down. Howdy

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //