//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83 thru 85 200x Kickstarting slippage issue......Official Honda Service Bulletin

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --

83 thru 85 200x Kickstarting slippage issue......Official Honda Service Bulletin

I have had quite a few members ( here and Ebay ) question me about the Kickstarter slippage issue on 200x's. Well There is NO better way to show what I know other than to post up a scan of the Offical Honda Service Bulletin.
    I am only posting this here in Trikesylvania because it is informative to those who don't know.

If you have any questions about my stuff for sale then reply to my thread in the classifieds.
    Thanks
    Howdy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honda1.jpg   Honda12.jpg  

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Howdy can you post a pic of the old parts next to the updated parts?

Thanks

edog

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by edog
    Howdy can you post a pic of the old parts next to the updated parts?

Thanks

edog
    I don't have any plans on opening up any more kits. I do plan on getting pictures of the different gears Honda Used ( I have some used ones on hand ). My Classified thread now has a picture and more info.
    Howdy

--
    Very interesting document from honda Thank You for posting it Howdy...
    I have solved this problem on my 85 200x a few years augo, and I must say
    the price that you are starting your nos kit at is fantastic.. I spent quite a bit more
    buying parts individually from honda, even just the spring (if its still available) was
    $$$$ from the dealer

--

I saw on E-Bay

I saw a few kits on E-Bay last night for this problem. I dont knowif it works but I have heard about this problem and noticed like 3 kits for it.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    maybe some of you 200x guys should go out and look for that "X" stamped above the vin #'s. I think it would be intresting to see how many of you guys have these machines with the proper parts in them. I looked on mine when i had it but there was no X. Maybe howdy should have done this when he installed the kit for me!

Cool info indeed.
    Last edited by chris200x; 12-30-2005 at 03:10 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisr200x
    maybe some of you 200x guys should go out and look for that "X" stamped above the vin #'s. I think it would be intresting to see how many of you guys have these machines with the proper parts in them. I looked on mine when i had it but there was no X. Maybe howdy should have done this when he installed the kit for me!

Cool info indeed.
    I thought I did stamp the "X". I know I put in 3 kits within 2 months, I remember stamping some "X"'s as well. hmm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-BoX
    I saw a few kits on E-Bay last night for this problem. I dont knowif it works but I have heard about this problem and noticed like 3 kits for it.
    I know that seller personally!
    Howdy

--
    I was getting ready to ask about this. Mine just started to do this, will it hurt my motor in any way?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb200x
    I was getting ready to ask about this. Mine just started to do this, will it hurt my motor in any way?
    While slight, it is possible for that you could break a gear. If this happens the piece could possibly get into the tranny gears and cause damage. I have seen this happen before ( see picture of broken gear below. )

I took some pictures of the 2 different gears I have ( I couldn't find the 3rd one ). Attatched below.
    Howdy
    Last edited by Howdy; 12-30-2007 at 04:27 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //