//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the ATZ500 - Tri Z / CR500 Drag bike

--

the ATZ500 - Tri Z / CR500 Drag bike

Got a few more things before Im happy with it. Just got to get the front rim here, and paint the rears. Then get a hood, and get a brake line on its way. With this bike, I wanted the flat black, mean looking machine. My other Drag Z is nothing but chrome, polished parts, and bling, this one I want the exact opposite. I wanted every piece of it to look like a weapon, or like it would hurt you. There is a nice circle and triangle theme running through the entire bike that I think makes it flow really nice.
    Some of the specs, 1985 Tri Z frame, front end, and swinger (extended +12) rigid rear end. 1985 CR500 engine with ESR CR ignition kit. Its been ported and polished, to what extent I dont know. Plans are for this coming winter, send the motor off and get it full blown drag ported, with matching carb, pipe, head job, 2-5 override, and so on.
    The conversion to very little time, infact this bike has been finished for over a month now, I was just waiting on other parts to swap out that I stole from my other Z. The motor was almost a direct drop in, and takes no major frame mods. To fit the motor in the frame, and have it welded up, and almost ready to ride took me 5 hours. The Honda frame conversions all take a lot longer from what Ive read, inface weeks or months. I wont go into great detail about the conversion, unless someone is very serious about making one also. As far as I know, this is the first CR500/ Tri Z Hybrid done. If Im wrong, please correct me, and have proof.

Here is the damage..
    First one is a pic I had fun with in photoshop

--
    I feel like I just got shot. That is truly the best dragster Tri-Z I have ever seen. That is one wicked thing you got there!

Post some pics of your ripping it up!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    DAMN!! Thats hott. How many ponies you think she's puttin out? You should put both of your Z-s side by side. Lastly, in a race, which you think would win?
    Good on ya mate. Loookin good!
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    Damn... just simply, damn...

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    Blog Entries
    thats truly wicked looks like something from MADMAX!!!!! I like the flat black

--
    i like it, not too sure on the honda heart though? still its sweet!!!!!!
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    someone has been having a little too much fun in the workshop, and it came out GREAT!!!! That is some Hot stuff!
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    I'm not too into the mix and match brands thing but hey, do what ya have to. Will the paint on the fort tubes cause problems?
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thefox
    I'm not too into the mix and match brands thing but hey, do what ya have to. Will the paint on the fort tubes cause problems?
    the only problems I see,.. is scuffing the paint off. hehe. If its a big problem, Ill throw some covers on there, and paint them black.

Unsure of HP right now, I am wanting to get it to the dyno here soon, but time will tell. And Im sure Ill have pics and videos up after the MWT ride in March.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I shoulda ratted you out on that when I had the chance...either way it turned out pretty nice.

--
    Wow thats darn freaky.

I know that '85 mill is a monster. Wow...Chainsaw you have outdone yourself...

incredible!!

What happened to that other drag Z...the yellow one?

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

Air-cooled-R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I bet that things gonna scream on a drag strip.............. I'm really likin the flat black. What kind and size is that tire? Where can I get one?????
    My bikes:
    -1982 honda 250r
    -1999 HONDA 300 Fourtrax 4x4 "The Tank"
    -2001 harley 1200 sporty

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius1502
    Wow thats darn freaky.

I know that '85 mill is a monster. Wow...Chainsaw you have outdone yourself...

incredible!!

What happened to that other drag Z...the yellow one?

Its waiting for its tires and rims back. These on this one are temporary. It'll be back together sometime here soon, the wife wants to learn how to drag race, and its a nice bike for her to learn on.

--
    So you just had to make new motor mounts and a new spacer for the rear mount i take it? You got me thinking now....haha
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--

tri z cr hybrid500

Looks nice, real nice but where do you put the Gas!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //