//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Project TRX90 (new pictures)

--

Project TRX90 (new pictures)

I have been buying parts for this project since I bought the quad in early December. I finally have everything for it. I want to say thanks to Okie for powder coating all the parts (they look perfect).

This is one of those kits off of ebay. It takes 300ex a arms, spindles, brakes, shocks, 400ex tie rods. The advantage of this kit is it makes the quad 46 inches wide, go from 3 inches of suspension travel to 7. It also removes the stock front drum brakes and uses the 300ex front disk brakes. It also removes the stock rear shock and a 300ex front shock takes its place with a bracket, the suspension travel is also increased to 7 inches.

Here are a couple pictures of the progress I made tonight.

before

during

front
    Last edited by smokinwrench; 04-20-2006 at 11:22 PM.
    I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I didn't have the ability!

--
    WOW that is funky!!!! how much did the kit cost???

--
    that should be one bad ass little quad.

--
    Very cool. Looks good so far.I have a spare set of 300EX arms and shocks, I had planned doing the same thing to my son's Polaris 50. I don't have the spindles/brakes so I never really got going on it. I had planned on using the 300EX swinger too, so I still have it laying around here someplace. What tierods are you using? The stockers? or does the kit come with new ones? Also, what is your plan for the rearend?

--
    Wow that Is gunna be sweet. I'm sure you will widen the rear axle somehow also. All you need now Is an upgrade In the power dept. That would be a perfect candidate for a Cr85 engine

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    I am using 400ex tie rods.

The kit was fairly cheap at $159. The parts cost me a bunch.

Yes the rear will be widened out, just not sure how yet.

It will always have a version of the TRX90 motor, if you read up on kids national racing you will see that they are bullit proof even when built to the extreme. I'm sure it will have a pipe and filter soon. More then likey a 11:1 piston and cam after that.

Right now it is just gonna get ridden as is and see how it performs on the track with other minis. Dads quad fund is empty.

With the stock motor it outruns stock predator 90's and LT80's.

travis712 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    That sir, is badass! GJ man.
    86 200x- finally all back together

--
    I just got done working on it tonight. I have adjusted the front wheels 20-30 times, I would guess to get the toe in perfect. Routing the brake lines took longer then I thought also. I had to build front fender brackets. I went to the local quick shop tonight to buy DOT 4 brake fluid but they didn't have any. Once the brakes get bled in the morning it will be ready to run. I'm sure it will need some tweeking done to the suspension to make it ride properly.

Then finally figure out what to do to get the rear widened out.

--
    Sick! Some offset wheels should solve your prob.

I'd love that thing to race around on myself!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine
    Sick! Some offset wheels should solve your prob.
    I'd love that thing to race around on myself!

The front is 11 inches wider then the rear, I'm gonna need more then offset wheels. Damn dura blue axle is $359

We took it out and rode it today it was unreal. My boy is hitting bigger jumps then ever and it lands so smooth. Only problem I am having right now is the front brakes aren't bleeding out like they should, I was able to do some kicka$$ stoppies on it today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    We just ran wheel spacers with offset rims on the back of the E-Ton, but If I remember right, that TRX90 has some weird bolt pattern and you cant just run the regular adult size Honda spacers. The stud extender type arent nearly as strong, but would probably work okay on a mini. We had them on the front of TimJrs Raptor 80. It was mostly trail ridden but he had it on the track many times as well. Also, Im pretty sure the TRX uses a larger diameter stud.

travis712 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Haha, awesome stuff man. In the middle picture, it looks like your son is flipping you off, lol..
    86 200x- finally all back together

--
    It does look that way but he is giving me a thumbs up. Trust me if he ever gives me the finger he won't have a quad and he will probably have a broken finger.

Tim I have been concidering those stud extenders, I have been kinda leary about them. Durablue wants $130 for full aluminum extenders. I figure if you ran them on your boys and never had a problem, I'll order a set asap. TRX90 has a 4/85 bolt pattern.

--
    That needs a 125 cc 4-speed manual clutch engine...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRider_AK
    That needs a 125 cc 4-speed manual clutch engine...
    Yes you are correct. You can send paypal to smokinwrench and I'll get it installed asap.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //