//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Southern Ontario Trikers - Ganaraska Forest Ride

myles is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I just got home from Southern Ontario Trikefest, what a great day, and great riding. It was nice to meet everybody, and I can't wait to ride with you guy's again.

--
    Thanks to Xhumeka for organizing the ride and to everyone that made it such a great day. First time out and couldn't have had better people to ride with! Thanks to Shannon for the goggles. My eyes are good, not too sure about the rest of me. Looking forward to the next ride, hope to have rear suspension by then.

--
    Agreed, absolutely great time, and you guys are all awesome to ride with! I have a feeling I'll be hackin up dust for about a week, but well worth it. You need rear suspension I need a trike. Hopefully we'll have some insurance on the 350x that lives in the garage and it will be able to make an appearance.
    Banshee

--
    Glad everyone had a good time - I know I sure did!!!

Other than a quick test ride or two on some flat terrain after my 250r rebuild, that was my first real trike ride in TWENTY YEARS!!

Thanks to everyone that came out - couldn't have asked for a better group to ride with. The 19 riders we had at 10:30am was kind of hard to keep track of, but it sure was fun!

I'm uploading some raw helmetcam footage to youtube right now - over the next few days I'll post some links to footage as it becomes available. Anyone else with pictures/video please post as well.

I sure am sore - I can only imagine how Turtles feels (the only one riding today without rear suspension). Regardless he kept up with the pack and amazed me with his riding skill on that trike of his!!!

Thanks again to everyone that came out - I met a lot of new faces and look forward to riding again with you guys in the near future!

-Xhum

--
    Just made it home, had a trailer light issue this side of toronto, came unplugged and dragged the plug and wire on the road for many miles by the look of what's ground off. Oh well fix it up tomorrow.
    Hot shower and bed before anything.
    Thanks for the grat day of riding, Was a pleasure meeting everyone, Pics and video will go up tomorrow night hopefully.

Ross..
    My Rides
    1985 250R original (Garage Queen)
    -under restoration

1985 250R black and blue full rebuild ( Daily Rider)
    -Paul Turner pipe
    -+2" Westcoast

1985 Red and White Tecat-EH Sold

1985 Green Tecate Sold

My Wife's Ride
    -2003 Suzuki LTZ 400 Showroom fresh and completely stock

My Kids Ride
    -2004 Yamaha Blaster, Completely Stock
    -2006 Yamaha Blaster, Completely Stock

--
    Thanks Xhum for a great day of riding! Another huge thanks goes to our tour guide for the day, you did an awesome job! Can't wait to ride with everybody again. I hope everybody is up for Sandpuppies ride in Aug.
    Myles, I'm glad to see that you made it back safe . We did come back to look for you and your son. As I said to you eariler in the day, let me know if you need anything and I'll try my best to help you out!
    Turtles, you are the man! I haven't seen anybody ride a hard tail like you did in years! Next time you are in London shoot me a P.M. and maybe we can hook up for a cold one!
    Tapper
    Ps, sorry no pictures, to busy riding
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    Here's just a short video that shows the size of our group today. Although the Quads are blocking some of the ATC's, we had 9 ATC's, 9 Quad's, and one dirtbike in our riding group (if my memory serves me correctly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbpEVOy7Txc
    Last edited by Xhumeka; 06-29-2009 at 09:21 AM.

shannonw is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Man that was a great day... Ross and I are cleaned up and he's snoring already

Here are a few pics for those of you who can't sleep. I'll put the rest up tomorrow night..

It was great to meet everyone, and ride today.. but I have to say my butt is really sore.

I couldn't believe how many of us there were... holy shades of Bull Gap!!!

The early morning crew...

The trike gang... or most of them anyway...

Quite the view... it was very unexpected.

Ross and I at the "falls"

The Falls

White Rat, Xhumea, Tapper and RoscoW ... just chillin'

But this was by far the funniest thing I saw all day... Brand new... HA Video Helmet Cam... (Heavy @ss)

--

Last edited by toomeysheele; 06-28-2009 at 12:23 AM.
    Banshee

--
    Awesome day with tons of riding. Good meeting everyone and I hope we can do it again. Sorry to the people I fallowed, I'll get the jetting sorted so I don't have to be on the pipe all the time and tailgating.

Anyone else have to take two showers? I feel a shopping spree for gear coming on.
    81' ATC200
    85' 250R

--
    Great pictures! I really liked the video of the hill climb in the woods. I'm glad that I didn't watch the video of our tour guide before I rode with him, that was one nasty mud hole he got into! How long did it take to get him out?
    Tapper
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    That video is awesome and great pics Shannon!, Will soon have some videos of the drags we had on the road while you guys were "riskin it all" in the woods.. can't wait to see the stock atc250r of my bro's clean a renagade 800X
    Banshee

--
    Some more video links:

Dirt Hill Climbs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J40KdBLBYk

Sand Hill Climbs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvLsmxJFUI

Quote Originally Posted by tapper190 View Post
    I'm glad that I didn't watch the video of our tour guide before I rode with him, that was one nasty mud hole he got into! How long did it take to get him out?
    Tapper
    Tapper is referring to Mike's adventure earlier this year (not in the Ganaraska Forest but close by) when get got his dirtbike struck up to his fenders in mud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGJX0SrbUI

As for how long it took him to get out - I think around 5 hours total! If you're curious, here's his blog about it - http://www.mikekirk.org/?p=488

--
    Here a few more pics. awesome video
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0514.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	79035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0515.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	79036  

--

Smile

Hi all,

Xhumeka pointed me to this thread: I was the guy on the dirtbike yesterday. I haven't quite figured out how to edit and post video yet (yesterday was my very first day with a helmetcam) but I did post my photos here:

http://www.mikekirk.org/?p=524

Thanks so much for letting me come along, even though I was short a wheel

Great job on organizing the ride Xhumeka!

Regards,

Mike

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //